New Years resolutions are a funny thing. This is probably one of my favorite holidays/traditions, there is just something about getting yourself organized and geared up for what is ahead. It’s energizing and exciting, the possibilities are endless!!
Well.. New Years rolled around, I had not decided on my exact goals for the year. Oh, and we were holed up in our house laying on the couch trying not to die from the cold we picked up traveling. So I put off New Years for a few days, the first Monday of the year seemed sufficient enough to start the year off right.
Then my cold lingered and I didn’t sleep Sunday night. So Monday did not look as good. And Tuesday was a similar story… all the way through the week. This cold, man, it’s a dousy.
Here we are 11 days into the new year and I think I’m going to start my resolutions.. How’s that for commitment??
My resolutions this year are pretty basic and just some small things I want to be better at. MOST IMPORTANTLY though, I want to finish everything on my 24 Before 25 list. Since I am officially (tomorrow) six months into my 24th year, let’s check in to see how I am doing.
1. Do 100 push-ups (at one time… ahhh): I did 20 in a row one time..
2. Organize scrapbook process: I’m working on it and really excited about it! Now just to get caught up..
3. Stay on top of student loans
4. Be more social
5. FINISH!! (I have the longest list of projects I have started/bought supplies for or imagined in my head. This is my word for the year.): Doing pretty good with this one but my list keeps growing..
6. Make that darn quilt: I pinterested quilt ideas/tutorials for an hour and a half Friday…
7. Complete 6 sewing projects: One worthy of counting and another that was almost too easy to count.
8. Hike 5 new trails: 2 out of 5
9. Watch all 7 Fast and Furious movies: 4 out of 7 (some have been more painful than others)
10. Floss more: Everyday this year!
11. Visit Vegas: We stopped at the Bass Pro Shop on our way back from California, does that count?
12. Get family pictures taken: We had my sister-in-law take our pictures over Christmas and I am OBSESSED. I’ll blog them later.
13. Read entire Ensign every month: So far so good!
14. Start a gratitude line journal
15. Make one little space that I absolutely love: I love my little command center. And I made curtains and hung a gallery wall in our living room recently, it turned out exactly how I wanted it.
16. Try 6 new cookie recipes: Two winners
17. Be present with Lillavie: I’m working on it and I think I’m getting better!
18. Do 1 act of service a month
19. Really follow a budget: One month I did really good, it helped me see where my system was lacking so we are making some adjustments that I think will help me do better.
20. Show my appreciation more
21. Read the Book of Mormon: Breck and I just started Book of Mormon 365, so I’m starting over but this book is the best.
22. Make a stockpile of cards: My Mom is the best and totally saved me!
23. Do a project with Breck: We re-did our table (check that project off our list from YEARS ago) and are building a bookshelf!
24. Read 3 biographies
This year has already been more successful than any other year I’ve had a list! I knew this year was going to be a great one for me, I’m still so excited about it all!! And here’s a cute Lillavie’s picture for ya!